Optus Usage Master - A Simple Broadband Usage Meter
Optus Usage Master is a very simple Windows tool for checking your Optus Broadband download quota. There are many other alternatives around, although I've found most are broken and no longer updated, so I decided to write my own.
- Standalone executable, no install necessary.
- Tiny file-size and memory footprint.
- Does not run in background - just pin it to the taskbar and run it when you need it.
- Saves username/password using standard Windows encryption for best security possible.
- Large font-size - good for HTPC users, easy to read.
- Simple to use - just one screen, no hidden settings and configuration.
- Open-source - view and compile the code yourself to make sure it's safe.
- Proxy support - uses IE Proxy settings, can be run from work.
- No administrative rights required.
- Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4+ installed.
- Download OptusUsageMaster.exe and save to any directory.
- Right-click OptusUsageMaster.exe and click Pin to Taskbar.
- Click the Taskbar icon to run.
- Enter username and password in top-right corner, and click Get Usage button (login details will be securely stored).
- View your usage and close the application when done.
- Whenever you want to know the usage, just click the Taskbar icon and usage will be loaded automatically using stored credentials.